Sunday, January 29, 2012

My difference makes a difference.

Pink hair!! Pink Hair!!...



My 1st graders have been spending the last few weeks working very hard on making self-portraits with a twist. 



Inspired by The Boy With Pink Hair, written by Perez Hilton, my students drew their self-portraits with only one restriction, they were not allowed to color their hair the color it naturally is in life.  At first I heard groans, but it didn't take long for them to get inspired; many of them asked, "Do I only get to pick one color or can I make my hair look like a rainbow?".

 

The self-portraits alone look TERRIFIC! But the background really adds even more splash.  

With an abstract background composed of circles and black watercolor paint washed over them, the students and myself both think these pieces of art look great!

-GRich

No comments:

Post a Comment