Monday, December 3, 2012

Discovery: A new, fabulous art medium!

CRAYOLA COLOR STICKS

As an art teacher I am always experimenting with new material in hopes to find something that would be a great tool for my students. Mission accomplished! The product is Crayola Color Sticks.  They are colored pencils without the wood and constant need of re-sharpening with the beloved handheld pencil sharpeners! They offer vibrant color on any construction paper or drawing paper.  Their cost is higher then regular colored pencils of course but not having frustrated elementary students who can not seem to sharpen the colored pencils correctly is worth the price, in my opinion!

Above is a drawing that I created as an example for a special project I plan to do with a group of fifth graders who are studying white wolves.

I hope if you try color sticks with your students you find they love them as much as mine do!!

-GRich

No comments:

Post a Comment