Saturday, March 31, 2012

MAEA 2012 State Elementary Exhibition



Michigan Art Education Association
State Elementary Exhibition 2011
-2011 Top 15-

One year ago at this time, during my 1st year of teaching art, I was given notice that three of five pieces of artwork that I submitted to the Michigan Art Education Association State Elementary Exhibition were selected to be displayed at the state's capital, Lansing, Michigan.  Of the three pieces of artwork selected, two were recognized and given higher honors. 

The first was selected as 2011 Top 15 from the 100 elementary pieces of artwork selected state-wide to be exhibited at the show in Lansing, MI. (An image of this artwork can be seen to the left). The second, was chosen for the Michigan State Superintendent Exhibition which was displayed throughout the 2011-2012 year at the Michigan Department of Education central office. (An image of this artwork can be seen below).
 

Michigan State Superintendent Exhibition 2011-2012

This was outstanding news to hear before the end of my first school year as a teacher. I was incredibly proud of the three student's who had their artwork selected.  I was very happy their hard work had been received and recognized for the high level of creativity and skill.

Fast forward to the present.  My 2nd year of teaching art is nearing the finish and I have once again been given notice that two more of my student's works of art have been selected for the Michigan Art Education Association State Elementary Exhibition.  This year both of the students were selected as 2012 Top 15 from the 100 elementary pieces of artwork selected state-wide. I am extremely proud and happy their artwork has been honored and two more of my students can be added to the three from last year in understanding their talent is real and noticeable. What also thrills me is both student's who had their work selected are 1st graders. I will hopefully have 4+ more years with each of these students, and I'm eager to see how far they can reach their talents and expand their skills.

So much about the future is unpredictable, so I am simply living each day feeling very fortunate that I am able to work with great kids who have completely stolen my heart; I'm blessed to be able to share a role in their growth as individuals and to have the privilege of congratulating them on each of their achievements along the way.

-GRich


No comments:

Post a Comment